- Rachelle writes (and is published) in multiple genres: FICTION~NONFICTION~POETRY
- She has something for everyone: books for pre-K through grade 7 (picture books, chapter books, and a middle grade novel), and has written extensively for children's science magazines.
- She has won several BOOK AWARDS, including "best book" by the National Science Teachers Association for The Walking Fish, and several national awards for her picture book biography Painting in the Dark: Esref Armagan, Blind Artist.
- Rachelle knows how to gently guide and encourage new writers in the important task of REVISION. She served for several years as "guest critiquer/editor" for middle and high school writers in an annual North Jersey school district arts festival, and teaches revisions and essay writing to elementary and middle schoolers.
- Rachelle has been a SCIENCE WRITER for Scholastic Science World classroom magazine, and knows how to stress the importance of RESEARCH.
- Rachelle can speak with authority on the topic of CURIOSITY as a vital component for creativity and good writing. After all, she has: been stung by a stingray, explored caves, jumped out a plane, visited the Arctic Circle, dived with sharks, tasted live termites, hiked in tropical rain forests of South America, slept in a dirt-floor cottage in Vietnam, resuscitated the almost-dead, cuddled with a tiger, bathed an elephant, and visited the ocean floor over 100 feet deep...
- Rachelle guarantees that her educational program is also very ENTERTAINING! She has 23 years of experience as a clown and storyteller.
- Rachelle is a writing mentor/editor for other children's writers, providing a critique service and an award-winning WRITING RESOURCES WEBSITE (named 8 years in a row in Writers' Digest Magazine's list "Best Websites for Writers."
|Knows how to keep kids entertained|
(Performs as "Tickles the Clown")
|Can tell a great story |
(Storytelling as "Mother Goof")
REALLY, REALLY loves animals!
|Member of her local Rescue Squad|
|Always willing to help out|
|Makes friends with many different kinds of people|
|She was once sketched by Dr. Seuss|
(Okay. that's a lie. But she did pose in front of this
cool photo of him painting.)